Texas officials to launch criminal investigation into plant explosion
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Texas officials are launching a criminal investigation into the fertilizer plant explosion last month in West, Texas, the state Department of Public Safety said Friday.
DPS Director Steven McCraw directed the Texas Rangers to join McLennan County Sheriff Parnell McNamara in the investigation, according to a statement from DPS.
The April 17 fire and blast at West Fertilizer Co killed 14 people dead and injured about 200 others.
(Reporting By Corrie MacLaggan; Editing by Scott Malone)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow