House to probe IRS targeting conservative groups: Cantor
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Republican-led House of Representatives will investigate the Internal Revenue Service's targeting of conservative groups during last year's election campaign, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor said on Friday.
"The IRS cannot target or intimidate any individual or organization based on their political beliefs. The House will investigate this matter," Cantor said.
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |