Vitol to buy British power plant
LONDON May 10 (Reuters) - Swiss-based trader Vitol will buy from U.S. Phillips 66 the Immingham combined heat and power plant in England which supplies about two percent of Britain's electricity supplies, Vitol said on Friday.
The 1,220 megawatt plant, one of Europe's biggest co-generation electricity producers, using water and gas to produce power, fuels two nearby oil refineries as well as supplying power to the national grid.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq