Pakistan election in Karachi flawed: commission
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistan's election commission said on Saturday it failed to hold free and fair elections in the country's commercial center and biggest city, Karachi.
"We have been unable to carry out free and fair elections in Karachi," it said in a statement. It is unclear whether the commission's conclusion means national elections will have to be held again.
(Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N