Magnitude 6.3 earthquake strikes Oman: USGS
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A 6.3-magnitude earthquake struck in the Gulf nation of Oman on Saturday near the northern city of Al Khasab, the U.S. Geological Survey said.
The quake had a depth of 21 miles and was centered 116 miles east of al Khasab, the agency said.
(Writing by Doina Chiacu; Editing by Peter Cooney)
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more