Volkswagen to build a factory in Changsa, China - paper
FRANKFURT May 11 (Reuters) - German car maker Volkswagen will build a factory with an annual capacity of 300,000 vehicles in Changsa, Hunan province, China, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung said on Saturday.
The factory will be built with joint venture partner SAIC , and production is set to start as soon as 2016, the paper said, without citing sources.
A formal announcement is expected as soon as Wednesday, the paper added.
- South Korea recovers first bodies from inside sunken ferry |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |