Egypt receives $3 bln Qatari deposit at 3.5 pct - official
CAIRO May 12 (Reuters) - Egypt received a $3 billion deposit from Qatar on Thursday at 3.5 percent interest, a central bank official said on Sunday.
The funds will remain with the central bank until Egypt's Ministry of Finance issues bonds to Qatar and the funds are converted, said the official, who asked not to be named.
Qatar had earlier asked for 5 percent interest on the funds, an Egyptian official involved in the talks said in late April. Qatar had pledged the funds in mid-April.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls