Egypt receives $3 bln Qatari deposit at 3.5 pct - official
CAIRO May 12 (Reuters) - Egypt received a $3 billion deposit from Qatar on Thursday at 3.5 percent interest, a central bank official said on Sunday.
The funds will remain with the central bank until Egypt's Ministry of Finance issues bonds to Qatar and the funds are converted, said the official, who asked not to be named.
Qatar had earlier asked for 5 percent interest on the funds, an Egyptian official involved in the talks said in late April. Qatar had pledged the funds in mid-April.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year