Israel's Ormat Industries moves to a loss in Q1
TEL AVIV May 12 (Reuters) - Israeli geothermal energy producer Ormat Industries moved to a loss in the first quarter, weighed down by a 13.6 percent drop in revenue from electricity and a one-time contract termination fee of $9 million.
Ormat said on Sunday it posted a quarterly net loss of $1.3 million, compared with a profit of $5.8 million a year earlier. Revenue fell to $121.7 million from $132.4 million.
Ormat is the parent of U.S.-based Ormat Technologies , which last week reported a first quarter loss of $1.9 million on revenue of $121.7 million.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections