CITIC, Temasek group offers $900 mln for US-listed Asiainfo-sources
HONG KONG May 13 (Reuters) - A consortium comprising China's CITIC Capital and Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings is set to buy U.S.-listed Asiainfo-Linkage Inc for about $900 million, people familiar with matter told Reuters on Monday.
An announcement is expected in the next few hours, the people said, putting an end to a 16-month process that started with CITIC Capital making its first offer to buy the China-based software and IT company.
The final offer is expected to be $12 per share, 2.8 percent above Asiainfo's last traded price of $11.68 on Friday.
The price would be the same as CITIC Capital's initial bid in January 2012.
Citic Capital and Asiainfo-Linkage did not respond to phone calls after business hours requesting comment on the takeover bid.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade