CITIC, Temasek group offers $900 mln for US-listed Asiainfo-sources
HONG KONG May 13 (Reuters) - A consortium comprising China's CITIC Capital and Singapore state investor Temasek Holdings is set to buy U.S.-listed Asiainfo-Linkage Inc for about $900 million, people familiar with matter told Reuters on Monday.
An announcement is expected in the next few hours, the people said, putting an end to a 16-month process that started with CITIC Capital making its first offer to buy the China-based software and IT company.
The final offer is expected to be $12 per share, 2.8 percent above Asiainfo's last traded price of $11.68 on Friday.
The price would be the same as CITIC Capital's initial bid in January 2012.
Citic Capital and Asiainfo-Linkage did not respond to phone calls after business hours requesting comment on the takeover bid.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia