Euro zone must fulfill banking union agreements - Spain PM
MADRID May 13 (Reuters) - Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy on Monday called for the euro zone to move ahead with the creation of a bank resolution mechanism as part of an agreement to form a banking union in the area.
Rajoy told a joint news conference with Portuguese Prime Minister Pedro Passos Coelho that a deposit guarantee fund for European banks was also key to fulfilling banking union agreements.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot