Lagardere says Fifty Shades, Ibrahimovic lift sales
PARIS May 14 (Reuters) - Lagardere posted a 2.3 percent rise in first-quarter like-for-like sales on Tuesday, driven by its publishing division, which it said was boosted by the Fifty Shades trilogy and the biography of soccer star Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
Revenue reached 1.627 billion euros ($2.11 billion), against 1.579 billion a year earlier, Lagardere said in a statement.
The group confirmed its forecast for 2013 recurring earnings before interest and tax from its media activities to grow between 0 and 5 percent compared with 2012 at constant exchange rates.
- Oregon resident hospitalized for possible Ebola virus infection
- Fired-up Republicans have edge in midterm turnout war
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California |