CANADA STOCKS-Energy and transport issues boost TSX
TORONTO, May 14 (Reuters) - Toronto's main stock index closed higher on Tuesday as strength in energy and transport shares more than make up for a retreat in key stocks such as BlackBerry and Bombardier Inc. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index rose 47.50 points, or 0.38 percent, to 12,577.05.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls