Sony says entertainment businesses not for sale
TOKYO May 14 (Reuters) - Sony Corp, responding to a shareholder's call for it to spin off its entertainment operations, said its entertainment businesses were important to its growth strategy and "are not for sale".
The statement from a Sony spokesman came after hedge fund Third Point went public with a proposal for Sony to sell part of its entertainment division in a public offering to bolster the electronics group's profitability and boost the share price.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |