Dish Network in $2.5 bln debt sale to fund Sprint bid
May 14 (Reuters) - Dish Network Corp on Tuesday said a subsidiary would sell $2.5 billion in debt to help finance Dish's proposed $25 billion acquisition of Sprint Nextel Corp.
Dish said if the Sprint deal did not take place by a certain date, the subsidiary would redeem all the notes. Reuters reported last week that SoftBank Corp, which already has a deal to buy Sprint, had asked banks not to finance Dish's unsolicited bid for the company.
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |