BMW CEO expects i3 electric car to contribute to group profit
MUNICH (Reuters) - German premium automaker BMW (BMWG.DE) expects to reap a "positive" contribution to group profit from every i3 electric vehicle sold, Chief Executive Norbert Reithofer said on Tuesday.
BMW will start selling its Megacity electric vehicle, dubbed the i3 later this year and the i8 sports car in early 2014, Reithofer said during the company's annual general meeting.
The CEO declined to give a sales target or identify development costs of the i3, to be build at the car maker's Germany-based Leipzig factory.
(Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Editing by Harro ten Wolde)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel