Finmeccanica confirms outlook as first-quarter core earnings rise
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian aerospace and defense group Finmeccanica (SIFI.MI) said on Tuesday its core earnings in the first quarter rose 5 percent boosted by its helicopter and aeronautics businesses.
In a statement the state-controlled group said core earnings, or before interest, tax and amortization, were 181 million euros ($235 million).
Net profit in the period fell to 6 million euros from 24 million euros a year ago.
The company confirmed its guidance for the full year.
($1 = 0.7705 euros)
(Reporting By Stephen Jewkes, editing by Danilo Masoni)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter