Finmeccanica confirms outlook as first-quarter core earnings rise
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian aerospace and defense group Finmeccanica (SIFI.MI) said on Tuesday its core earnings in the first quarter rose 5 percent boosted by its helicopter and aeronautics businesses.
In a statement the state-controlled group said core earnings, or before interest, tax and amortization, were 181 million euros ($235 million).
Net profit in the period fell to 6 million euros from 24 million euros a year ago.
The company confirmed its guidance for the full year.
($1 = 0.7705 euros)
(Reporting By Stephen Jewkes, editing by Danilo Masoni)
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- No criminal charges in fatal gun range shooting by nine-year-old girl
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Chinese interceptions of U.S. military planes could intensify due to submarine base