Sony says entertainment businesses not for sale
TOKYO (Reuters) - Sony Corp, responding to a shareholder's call for it to spin off its entertainment operations, said its entertainment businesses were important to its growth strategy and "are not for sale".
The statement from a Sony spokesman came after hedge fund Third Point went public with a proposal for Sony to sell part of its entertainment division in a public offering to bolster the electronics group's profitability and boost the share price.
(Reporting by Nathan Layne; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |