U.S. Justice Department, FBI investigating IRS activity -Holder
WASHINGTON May 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Justice is working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation to probe the Internal Revenue Service over its targeting of certain groups, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Tuesday.
Holder said reports that the tax auditing agency held certain conservative political groups and other organizations to extra scrutiny were "certainly outrageous and unacceptable," if not criminal.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |