U.S. Justice Department, FBI investigating IRS activity -Holder
WASHINGTON May 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. Department of Justice is working with the Federal Bureau of Investigation to probe the Internal Revenue Service over its targeting of certain groups, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Tuesday.
Holder said reports that the tax auditing agency held certain conservative political groups and other organizations to extra scrutiny were "certainly outrageous and unacceptable," if not criminal.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |