H&M April sales lag forecast
STOCKHOLM May 15 (Reuters) - Swedish fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz said on Wednesday its like-for-like sales rose by 1 percent in April, the first rise after six straight months of decline, but the rise was much smaller than expected.
The mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts had been for a 5.6 percent rise in local currencies sales by stores open for a year or more.
Total sales, which include those in stores open less than a year, were up 11 percent, lagging a forecast for a 14.6 percent rise. (Reporting by Veronica Ek)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Ukrainian protesters topple Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich