Hong Kong shares to open up 0.6 pct, Li & Fung jumps
HONG KONG May 15 (Reuters) - Hong Kong shares are poised to start higher on Wednesday, with index gains buoyed by a 6 percent jump for supply chain manager Li & Fung after its chairman was reported to have said earnings this year will rebound to 2011 levels.
The Hang Seng Index was set to open up 0.6 percent at 23,074.3. The China Enterprises Index of the top Chinese listings in Hong Kong was indicated to open up 0.5 percent.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets