Mizuho president: JGB yield rise does not impact earnings
TOKYO May 15 (Reuters) - The ongoing rise in Japanese government bond yields does not impact earnings, the president of Mizuho Financial Group Inc said on Wednesday.
"A significant jump in yields causes concerns, but we are not seeing such a situation now," said Yasuhiro Sato, president of Japan's second-largest lender by assets, at a news conference.
The benchmark 10-year JGB yield spiked to its highest level in over a year this week as a relentless fall in the yen and surge in domestic share prices buffeted the debt market.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Gaza toll nears 100, Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park