Monte Paschi controlling investor sells 0.50 percent of bank
MILAN May 15 (Reuters) - The controlling shareholder of Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena has sold a 0.50 percent stake in the Tuscan lender at an average price of 0.2142 euros per share, the Monte dei Paschi foundation said on Wednesday.
In a statement, the foundation said the sale was aimed at "creating an adequate level of liquidity" to safeguard its financial balance over the medium-term.
After the sale, the foundation controls around 33.5 percent of Monte Paschi.
(Reporting By Francesca Landini; editing by Danilo Masoni)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal