Monte Paschi controlling investor sells 0.50 percent of bank
MILAN May 15 (Reuters) - The controlling shareholder of Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena has sold a 0.50 percent stake in the Tuscan lender at an average price of 0.2142 euros per share, the Monte dei Paschi foundation said on Wednesday.
In a statement, the foundation said the sale was aimed at "creating an adequate level of liquidity" to safeguard its financial balance over the medium-term.
After the sale, the foundation controls around 33.5 percent of Monte Paschi.
(Reporting By Francesca Landini; editing by Danilo Masoni)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions