STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil stocks open lower on weaker Banco do Brasil
Brazilian stocks fell early on Wednesday, with shares of Banco do Brasil contributing most to the loss after the state-controlled lender reported weaker than expected first quarter earnings.
Shares of Banco do Brasil were down 2 percent, while the benchmark Bovespa stock index lost 0.21 percent to 54,551.75 points.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Mayor of Los Angeles suburb of Bell Gardens shot dead