STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil stocks open lower on weaker Banco do Brasil
Brazilian stocks fell early on Wednesday, with shares of Banco do Brasil contributing most to the loss after the state-controlled lender reported weaker than expected first quarter earnings.
Shares of Banco do Brasil were down 2 percent, while the benchmark Bovespa stock index lost 0.21 percent to 54,551.75 points.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says, as death toll nears 850 |
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |