Monte Paschi controlling investor sells 0.50 percent of bank
MILAN (Reuters) - The controlling shareholder of Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI) has sold a 0.50 percent stake in the Tuscan lender at an average price of 0.2142 euros per share, the Monte dei Paschi foundation said on Wednesday.
In a statement, the foundation said the sale was aimed at "creating an adequate level of liquidity" to safeguard its financial balance over the medium-term.
After the sale, the foundation controls around 33.5 percent of Monte Paschi.
(Reporting By Francesca Landini; editing by Danilo Masoni)
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- New Jersey hiker killed by black bear : police
- Islamic State urges attacks on U.S., French citizens, taunts Obama
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5