Monte Paschi controlling investor sells 0.50 percent of bank
MILAN (Reuters) - The controlling shareholder of Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI) has sold a 0.50 percent stake in the Tuscan lender at an average price of 0.2142 euros per share, the Monte dei Paschi foundation said on Wednesday.
In a statement, the foundation said the sale was aimed at "creating an adequate level of liquidity" to safeguard its financial balance over the medium-term.
After the sale, the foundation controls around 33.5 percent of Monte Paschi.
(Reporting By Francesca Landini; editing by Danilo Masoni)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |