Monte Paschi controlling investor sells 0.50 percent of bank
MILAN (Reuters) - The controlling shareholder of Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena (BMPS.MI) has sold a 0.50 percent stake in the Tuscan lender at an average price of 0.2142 euros per share, the Monte dei Paschi foundation said on Wednesday.
In a statement, the foundation said the sale was aimed at "creating an adequate level of liquidity" to safeguard its financial balance over the medium-term.
After the sale, the foundation controls around 33.5 percent of Monte Paschi.
(Reporting By Francesca Landini; editing by Danilo Masoni)
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |