Obama to meet with Treasury officials Wednesday about IRS
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will meet with Treasury Department officials on Wednesday after reviewing a government report that showed the Internal Revenue Service targeted conservative groups for extra scrutiny, White House spokesman Jay Carney said.
Obama has called for those responsible for the IRS' actions to be held accountable. Carney did not go into details on what kind of consequences the president would seek.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- Lights off on Singapore's billionaire row as luxury house prices plunge