Alcoa to cut production at Quebec smelter
May 16 (Reuters) - Alcoa Inc said on Thursday it is permanently closing two potlines at its Baie-Comeau smelter in Quebec, with total capacity of 105,000 tonnes, and delaying the construction of a new potline at the facility.
The aluminum producer said it expects restructuring charges related to the closures will be between $135 million and $155 million on an after tax basis in 2013.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes