Banco Popolare launches bond buyback for 600 mln euros
MILAN May 16 (Reuters) - Italian lender Banco Popolare announced on Thursday a buyback of Tier 1 and Tier 2 bonds for up to 600 million euros ($772 million).
The bank invited the holders of the bonds, whose total nominal value is around 1.36 billion euros, to submit offers to sell their securities from May 16-24.
It said the move, whose results will be disclosed on May 27, is aimed to rebalance its regulatory capital in view of developments under Basel III standards. ($1 = 0.7775 euros) (Reporting By Danilo Masoni)
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site
- U.S. economy bounces back in second quarter
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia