Banco Popolare launches bond buyback for 600 mln euros
MILAN May 16 (Reuters) - Italian lender Banco Popolare announced on Thursday a buyback of Tier 1 and Tier 2 bonds for up to 600 million euros ($772 million).
The bank invited the holders of the bonds, whose total nominal value is around 1.36 billion euros, to submit offers to sell their securities from May 16-24.
It said the move, whose results will be disclosed on May 27, is aimed to rebalance its regulatory capital in view of developments under Basel III standards. ($1 = 0.7775 euros) (Reporting By Danilo Masoni)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers