RPT-Ex-Citi CEO Pandit, partner take stake in India's JM Financial
MUMBAI May 16 (Reuters) - India's JM Financial Ltd says former Citi Chief Executive Vikram Pandit and his business partner, Hari Aiyer are to buy a 3 percent equity stake in the financial services company through an issue of warrants.
JM Financial also said it would set up a fund jointly with Pandit's firm to buy distressed assets. The fund is targeting an initial capitalisation of $100 million, JM Financial said in a statement late on Thursday.
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray to disperse pro-democracy protesters |
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
- Pakistani protesters push closer to PM house, force TV off the air |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke