Ex-Citi CEO Pandit, partner take stake in India's JM Financial
MUMBAI May 16 (Reuters) - India's JM Financial Ltd says former Citi Chief Executive Vikram Pandit and his business partner, Hari Aiyer are to buy a 3 percent equity stake in the financial services company through an issue of warrants.
JM Financial also said it would set up a fund jointly with Pandit's firm to buy distressed assets. The fund is targeting an initial capitalisation of $100 million, JM Financial said in a statement late on Thursday.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- After clashes, Hong Kong students, government stand their ground before talks |
- Solid data, earnings push world stocks higher