Hayward will not take permanent chairman role at Glencore
LONDON May 16 (Reuters) - Former BP boss Tony Hayward, appointed as interim chairman of Glencore Xstrata on Thursday, will step down once a new chairman takes up the role, the company said.
Earlier, a source with knowledge of the matter said Hayward, Glencore's senior independent director before Thursday, would lead the nominations committee but would not throw his own hat in the ring.
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source