Hayward will not take permanent chairman role at Glencore
LONDON May 16 (Reuters) - Former BP boss Tony Hayward, appointed as interim chairman of Glencore Xstrata on Thursday, will step down once a new chairman takes up the role, the company said.
Earlier, a source with knowledge of the matter said Hayward, Glencore's senior independent director before Thursday, would lead the nominations committee but would not throw his own hat in the ring.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Ottawa pushes for business as usual after shootings |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor