Chile peso ends at its weakest since early Dec on dollar buys
SANTIAGO May 16 (Reuters) - Chile's peso slipped to its weakest level against the U.S. dollar this year on Thursday, a sharp turnabout from the year-and-a-half highs it hit in April, as foreign and local banks bought greenbacks in the local market.
The peso lost 0.42 percent to bid 480.00 per dollar, it weakest since the beginning of December.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule