Chile peso ends at its weakest since early Dec on dollar buys
SANTIAGO May 16 (Reuters) - Chile's peso slipped to its weakest level against the U.S. dollar this year on Thursday, a sharp turnabout from the year-and-a-half highs it hit in April, as foreign and local banks bought greenbacks in the local market.
The peso lost 0.42 percent to bid 480.00 per dollar, it weakest since the beginning of December.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data