US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after data, Cisco soars
NEW YORK May 16 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed at the open as a rally in Cisco Systems was offset by weak data on the labor and housing markets.
Cisco soared 11.6 percent to $23.64 a day after reporting quarterly results.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 4.78 points, or 0.03 percent, at 15,270.91. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 2.23 points, or 0.13 percent, at 1,656.55. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 3.48 points, or 0.10 percent, at 3,475.10.
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act