US STOCKS SNAPSHOT-Wall St opens flat after data, Cisco soars
NEW YORK May 16 (Reuters) - U.S. stocks were little changed at the open as a rally in Cisco Systems was offset by weak data on the labor and housing markets.
Cisco soared 11.6 percent to $23.64 a day after reporting quarterly results.
The Dow Jones industrial average was down 4.78 points, or 0.03 percent, at 15,270.91. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index was down 2.23 points, or 0.13 percent, at 1,656.55. The Nasdaq Composite Index was up 3.48 points, or 0.10 percent, at 3,475.10.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets