Czech Philip Morris posts 3.3 pct revenue fall
PRAGUE May 16 (Reuters) - Czech tobacco group Philip Morris CR's revenue fell 3.3 percent to 2.79 billion crowns ($137.94 million) in the first quarter because of falling shipments in its Czech and Slovak markets.
The company, majority owned by Philip Morris International (PMI), said that exports to other PMI units rose by 5.5 percent in the quarter, but shipments in its main Czech market fell by 9.8 percent.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S