Czech Philip Morris posts 3.3 pct revenue fall
PRAGUE May 16 (Reuters) - Czech tobacco group Philip Morris CR's revenue fell 3.3 percent to 2.79 billion crowns ($137.94 million) in the first quarter because of falling shipments in its Czech and Slovak markets.
The company, majority owned by Philip Morris International (PMI), said that exports to other PMI units rose by 5.5 percent in the quarter, but shipments in its main Czech market fell by 9.8 percent.
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76