PRESS DIGEST - China - May 16
SHANGHAI May 16 (Reuters) - Chinese newspapers available in Beijing and Shanghai carried the following stories on Thursday. Reuters has not checked the stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
CHINA SECURITIES JOURNAL
- The People's Bank of China Shanghai branch released data that showed individual housing loans continued to soar in the month of April. In April Shanghai's new foreign exchange personal housing loans rose to 5.3 billion yuan.
SHANGHAI SECURITIES NEWS
- The Chinese trade hub of Yiwu plans to expand its pilot scheme to allow more cross-border yuan settlement at the end of May.
- Chinese airlines will get their first Boeing Co Dreamliners this quarter, said Boeing's China President Marc Allen. China Southern Airlines is due to receive its first Dreamliner jumbo jet by the end of May.
For Hong Kong and South China newspapers see.....
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |