Exclusive - U.S. approval of Tesoro BP refinery buy could come soon
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal antitrust regulators are prepared to approve U.S. refiner Tesoro Corp.'s (TSO.N) proposed deal to buy a BP refinery in southern California, three sources told Reuters.
The Federal Trade Commission, which assessed the deal to ensure that it complied with antitrust law, may announce the deal's approval as early as Friday, according to one source with knowledge of the deal.
Tesoro announced in August that it had agreed to buy BP's (BP.L) Carson facility for $2.5 billion.
Tesoro is the second-largest refiner in California, the nation's largest gasoline market, after Chevron Corp (CVX.N).
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Microsoft leads disruption of largest infected global PC network