California approves Tesoro's buy of BP refinery
WASHINGTON May 17 (Reuters) - U.S. refiner Tesoro Corp has received formal approval from California's attorney general to buy a BP Plc refinery for more than $2 billion.
Attorney General Kamala Harris said her office and the California Energy Commission would monitor gas prices, volume and refinery capacity. A deal with the company also provides for safeguards against price spikes.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission, which assessed the deal to ensure it complies with antitrust law, also approved the proposed transaction on Friday.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking