Mexican homebuilder Geo says Scotiabank suing it over debt
MEXICO CITY May 17 (Reuters) - Mexican homebuilder Geo said on Friday the Mexican branch of Canadian lender Bank of Nova Scotia has begun legal proceedings to seek payments it is owed.
Geo, which is struggling with weak home sales, said the payments to Scotiabank were worth less than 0.5 percent of the debt the company is trying to restructure, as reported in April.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes