Mexican homebuilder Geo says Scotiabank suing it over debt
MEXICO CITY May 17 (Reuters) - Mexican homebuilder Geo said on Friday the Mexican branch of Canadian lender Bank of Nova Scotia has begun legal proceedings to seek payments it is owed.
Geo, which is struggling with weak home sales, said the payments to Scotiabank were worth less than 0.5 percent of the debt the company is trying to restructure, as reported in April.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- At least four servicemen killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |
- Taliban sympathizer posts pictures of smiling Bowe Bergdahl
- Israel presses on with Gaza offensive, Palestinians fire rockets |