Malaysia's UMW to sell 39 pct in energy unit IPO, may raise $1 bln
KUALA LUMPUR May 17 (Reuters) - UMW Holdings Bhd, Malaysia's industrial-to-automotive conglomerate, is planning to sell 39 percent of its oil and gas unit in an IPO, a deal that some bankers say could raise up to $1 billion.
It plans to offer 843.1 million shares in wholly owned UMW Oil & Gas Corporation Bhd via an initial public offering, a stock exchange filing said. (Reporting by Yantoultra Ngui; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions