U.S. FTC OKs Tesoro purchase of BP Calif. refinery, assets
May 17 (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Trade Commission on Friday said it approved Tesoro Corp's purchase of BP Plc's 240,000 barrel per day Los Angles area refinery and other assets in a 3-0 vote.
The commission found the deal would not substantially lessen competition among seven refiners for gasoline in California, the nation's largest gasoline market.
California Attorney General Kamala Harris must also approve the sale before it can go forward.
- Israel says shoots down Gaza drone as calls for truce mount |
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |