Sony to name Chugai Pharma's CEO as chairman-Nikkei
May 18 (Reuters) - Sony Corp plans to appoint Chugai Pharmaceutical Co Chief Executive Osamu Nagayama as chairman, the Nikkei reported.
Nagayama's appointment will be finalized on June 20 at a board meeting to be held immediately after a shareholders' meeting, the business daily said.
Outgoing chairman Howard Stringer, who served as Sony's CEO between 2005 and 2012, will retire in June, the Japanese paper said. (Reporting by Aditi Shrivastava in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |