California approves Tesoro's buy of BP refinery
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. refiner Tesoro Corp (TSO.N) has received formal approval from California's attorney general to buy a BP Plc (BP.L) refinery for more than $2 billion.
Attorney General Kamala Harris said her office and the California Energy Commission would monitor gas prices, volume and refinery capacity. A deal with the company also provides for safeguards against price spikes.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission, which assessed the deal to ensure it complies with antitrust law, also approved the proposed transaction on Friday.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost Malaysian airliner may have run out of fuel over Indian Ocean : source |
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source