Sony to name Chugai Pharma's CEO as chairman: Nikkei
(Reuters) - Sony Corp (6758.T) (SNE.N) plans to appoint Chugai Pharmaceutical Co (4519.T) Chief Executive Osamu Nagayama as chairman, the Nikkei reported.
Nagayama's appointment will be finalized on June 20 at a board meeting to be held immediately after a shareholders' meeting, the business daily said.
Outgoing chairman Howard Stringer, who served as Sony's CEO between 2005 and 2012, will retire in June, the Japanese paper said.
(Reporting by Aditi Shrivastava in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media