Sony to name Chugai Pharma's CEO as chairman: Nikkei
(Reuters) - Sony Corp (6758.T) (SNE.N) plans to appoint Chugai Pharmaceutical Co (4519.T) Chief Executive Osamu Nagayama as chairman, the Nikkei reported.
Nagayama's appointment will be finalized on June 20 at a board meeting to be held immediately after a shareholders' meeting, the business daily said.
Outgoing chairman Howard Stringer, who served as Sony's CEO between 2005 and 2012, will retire in June, the Japanese paper said.
(Reporting by Aditi Shrivastava in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine; China seizes ship
- South Korea president says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Australia sees 'regroup' on Malaysian plane search in a few days |
- Asian stocks subdued on Ukraine caution, dollar firms vs yen