Sony to name Chugai Pharma's CEO as chairman: Nikkei
(Reuters) - Sony Corp (6758.T) (SNE.N) plans to appoint Chugai Pharmaceutical Co (4519.T) Chief Executive Osamu Nagayama as chairman, the Nikkei reported.
Nagayama's appointment will be finalized on June 20 at a board meeting to be held immediately after a shareholders' meeting, the business daily said.
Outgoing chairman Howard Stringer, who served as Sony's CEO between 2005 and 2012, will retire in June, the Japanese paper said.
(Reporting by Aditi Shrivastava in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- Obama, Castro shake hands as world says farewell to peacemaker Mandela |
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Rare Singapore riot forces soul searching over foreign workers