STXNEWS LATAM-CSN still considering purchase of Thyssen's Steel America unit
RIO DE JANEIRO
RIO DE JANEIRO May 17 (Reuters) - Brazilian steelmaker CSN, or Cia Siderúrgica Nacional SA, is still evaluating the possible purchase of the Steel Americas unit of ThyssenKrupp AG, the company said in a regulatory filing late Friday.
CSN has made no binding bids or agreements regarding the possible purchase, the company added. Earlier this year, people familiar with CSN's plans said it was considering a purchase of Steel Americas, but the company has said little publicly about the process.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls