U.S. antitrust enforcers allow Cinemark movie theater deal
WASHINGTON May 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Monday it had reached a settlement to allow Cinemark Holdings Inc to buy Rave Holdings LLC movie theaters if the two companies exclude theaters in three states from the deal.
The department said it filed the settlement in U.S. District Court in Washington requiring the divestitures of theaters in Kentucky, New Jersey and Texas in order to preserve competition.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court rules in favor of Yukos shareholders vs Russia, awards $50 billion: source
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Obama could curb corporate 'inversions' on his own: ex-U.S. official
- Family of five found shot dead in Maine home: police