U.S. antitrust enforcers allow Cinemark movie theater deal
WASHINGTON May 20 (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said on Monday it had reached a settlement to allow Cinemark Holdings Inc to buy Rave Holdings LLC movie theaters if the two companies exclude theaters in three states from the deal.
The department said it filed the settlement in U.S. District Court in Washington requiring the divestitures of theaters in Kentucky, New Jersey and Texas in order to preserve competition.
- Israel rejects ceasefire plan, source says as death toll nears 850 |
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Bad weather seen as probable cause of Air Algerie crash
- White House aide says Republicans might try for Obama impeachment
- EU edges to economic sanctions on Russia but narrows scope |