Plains shareholders approve takeover by Freeport
May 20 (Reuters) - Plains Exploration & Production Co shareholders approved the oil company's takeover by mining company Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc, after both companies sweetened the more than $6 billion deal with two special dividends.
The companies said on Monday that a majority of Plains outstanding shares were voted in favor of the deal. They expect the deal to close at the end of the month.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |