Plains shareholders approve takeover by Freeport
May 20 (Reuters) - Plains Exploration & Production Co shareholders approved the oil company's takeover by mining company Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc, after both companies sweetened the more than $6 billion deal with two special dividends.
The companies said on Monday that a majority of Plains outstanding shares were voted in favor of the deal. They expect the deal to close at the end of the month.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- Ferguson protest march marks two weeks since police shooting |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |