Plains shareholders approve takeover by Freeport
May 20 (Reuters) - Plains Exploration & Production Co shareholders approved the oil company's takeover by mining company Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc, after both companies sweetened the more than $6 billion deal with two special dividends.
The companies said on Monday that a majority of Plains outstanding shares were voted in favor of the deal. They expect the deal to close at the end of the month.
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Investigators look for motive in Malaysia plane disappearance |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act