Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK May 20 (Reuters) - The euro extended its gains versus the dollar to hit a session high in early afternoon trade on Monday, helped by broad-based weakness in the U.S. currency.
The euro rose as high as $1.2879, according to Reuters data, and was last at $1.2875, up 0.3 percent on the day.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |