Urban Outfitters profit jumps 39 percent
May 20 (Reuters) - Teen apparel retailer Urban Outfitters Inc reported a 39 percent jump in quarterly profit as more people shopped at its namesake and Free People stores.
Net income rose to $47.1 million, or 32 cents per share, in the quarter ended April 30, from $33.9 million or 23 cents per share, a year ago.
Comparable-store sales at its Free people stores rose 44 percent, while those at Urban Outfitters rose 6 percent.
Overall sales jumped 14 percent to $648 million.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |