Actavis to buy Warner Chilcott in $8.5 bln deal
May 20 (Reuters) - Generic drugmaker Actavis Inc will buy specialty pharmaceuticals company Warner Chilcott Plc in a stock deal valued at about $8.5 billion.
Warner Chilcott shareholders will receive 0.160 shares of the combined company, or $20.08 per Warner Chilcott share, based on Actavis's closing share price of $125.50 on May 17.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Man suspected of shooting six dead in Texas to appear in court
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities