AutoZone profit rises as costs fall
May 21 (Reuters) - AutoZone Inc, the largest U.S. auto parts retailer, reported a 7 percent rise in quarterly profit as costs fell.
Net income rose to $265.6 million, or $7.27 per share, in the third quarter, from $248.6 million, or $6.28 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 4.5 percent to $2.21 billion.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies