AutoZone profit rises as costs fall
May 21 (Reuters) - AutoZone Inc, the largest U.S. auto parts retailer, reported a 7 percent rise in quarterly profit as costs fell.
Net income rose to $265.6 million, or $7.27 per share, in the third quarter, from $248.6 million, or $6.28 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 4.5 percent to $2.21 billion.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets