AutoZone profit rises as costs fall
May 21 (Reuters) - AutoZone Inc, the largest U.S. auto parts retailer, reported a 7 percent rise in quarterly profit as costs fell.
Net income rose to $265.6 million, or $7.27 per share, in the third quarter, from $248.6 million, or $6.28 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 4.5 percent to $2.21 billion.
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief