Malaysia CIMB's Q1 net profit jumps 37.2 pct
KUALA LUMPUR May 21 (Reuters) - CIMB Group Holdings Bhd , Southeast Asia's fifth largest lender by assets, posted a 37.2 percent jump in first-quarter net profits.
Malaysia's second largest bank said in a filing to the stock exchange that net profit for the quarter ended March 31 stood at 1.39 billion ringgit ($461.18 million) compared to 1.01 billion ringgit recorded in the same period last year. (Reporting by Niluksi Koswanage; Editing by Jeremy Laurence)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |